NAD+ is a compound which is found in every cell in our bodies and is involved in performing essential processes at the cellular level. It was discovered in 1906 by Arthur Harden and William John Young. However, it was not until the 1940s when scientists began to understand the true potential and function of NAD+ in the human body. Since then, NAD+ has been the focus of research and even today scientists continue to search for ways in which this biomolecule can be exploited for various healthcare benefits.
Why Is NAD+ Necessary for the Body?
The depletion of NAD+ levels can seriously affect the health and normal functioning of the body. Here are a few cases where the normal levels of NAD+ can get depleted:
- Natural aging
- Brain injury or trauma
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Substance abuse
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Neurodegenerative diseases
Research has shown that the levels of NAD+ in the body decline by about 50% when at the age of 50. What is more alarming is that by the age of 80, the NAD+ levels are reduced to only 1-10%. This explains the decline in cognitive function and the ability of the body to repair cellular damage with progression in age.
What Is the Role of NAD+ in the Body?
NAD+ is a coenzyme which is essential for human life. It plays multiple roles in performing important functions and in maintaining our physical and mental health. Here are some of the functions of NAD+:
- Metabolism – NAD+ plays a vital role in generating energy in our body through redox reactions.. It enables the transformation of energy from fatty acids and carbohydrates to the mitochondria. The mitochondria are regarded as the “powerhouses” of the cells which convert this energy into cellular energy, which is then utilized in performing all the functions of body at the cellular level.
- Anti-Aging Effect – Surtuins are a group of proteins which are involved in prolonging life in various organisms, including humans. They do this by slowing down the effects of aging on the body. Research has shown that the Surtuins only function in the presence of NAD+. Therefore, by increasing the level of NAD+ in the body the effects of aging on the body can be slowed down.
- Signaling and Regulation – this is one of the most important functions of NAD+. It plays a role as an extracellular signaling molecule which promotes communication between the cells. Research has shown that NAD+ is released from the neurons in the blood vessels, intestines, urinary tract and nervous system. It basically functions as a potent neurotransmitter which relays information from the nerves to the smooth muscles. Therefore, NAD+ has been shown to be very effective in the treatment of various nervous disorders, and in treatment of addiction. A recent study published in 2018 has shown that NAD+ can enhance cognitive function in patients affected with different neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease.
- DNA Repair – according to groundbreaking research by a team of medical scientists at Harvard Medical School, NAD+ is a regulator which promotes interaction among proteins which are involved in DNA repair. In addition, NAD+ also slows down DNA damage associated with old age and radiation exposure.
How to Boost NAD+ Levels in the Body
The good news is that there are easy steps you can take to increase NAD+ levels in the body. Let’s take a look:
- Exercise and Physical Activity – apart from making you feel good, exercise also increases NAD+ levels in the body. So how does this happen? It’s simple. The more physical activity you perform, the more energy your body needs, which can be done by increasing NAD+ levels.
- Eat Raw Foods Rich in Vitamin B– B type Vitamins are present in many natural foods and they are helpful in increasing the body’s levels of NAD+. However, care must be taken that these foods should not be cooked as they can destroy the NAD+. The best option is to eat these foods in a raw form, or to steam/ bake them instead of boiling.
- Say no to Processed Foods – when the foods are processed during preparation, they lose most of the essential nutrients and their nutritional value. Therefore, you should switch to whole grain foods which are not only more nutritious but are also rich in B-Vitamins- an abundant source of NAD+.
- Eat Lots of Proteins – proteins obtained from poultry, fish, mushrooms, nuts, and eggs are excellent sources of NAD+. Try adding them into your daily diet.
- Fasting – this may not sound real, but when you are hungry, your body produces more NAD+ to convert the fats and carbohydrates into energy. So, going hungry for some time might actually be good for your mind and body.
Watch the Stories of Recovery
The following individuals are among the hundreds who have been helped by our BR+NAD™ IV therapy protocols, or are family members, friends, or healthcare professionals who have seen the results for themselves.
BR+NAD™ Treatment at Springfield
Brain Restoration Plus Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (BR+NAD™), a proprietary and revolutionary protocol used at Springfield Wellness Center has been specifically designed to treat the nervous system and addiction. BR+NAD™ is an IV infusion based nutritional formula which is not only efficacious but also safe for use in the human body. The infusion ensures that maximum amount of the treatment is absorbed directly into the blood without any loss.
Our NAD+ treatment center can help you in the treatment of following problems:
- NAD+ treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- NAD+ alcohol treatment for addiction
- NAD+ drug treatment for drug abuse
- Treatment of anxiety and depression with BR+NAD™
- Treatment of chronic traumatic encephalitis (CTE) with BR+NAD™
If you have any of the following problems, you can contact us with confidence. After performing a consultation, our medical professionals will make an assessment of your condition and prepare a customized treatment protocol. For matters regarding NAD+ treatment cost, please call our office: (225) 395-8222.
Words of Satisfaction
When they put the IV in me, it was such an incredible state of wellbeing but with energy. In my adult life, I have never felt like that on my own. And then, Paula, Dr. Mestayer, and the nurses would say, "How is the craving?" I said, "I haven't had one inkling of a craving whatsoever." It vanished in 20 minutes of the first IV. So I'm telling you that it worked immediately!
Family Member of Former Patient
The first two days were long but positive. The third day, he was like "I don't want pills anymore. I have no desire." And then day four, I could see his personality coming back. He's positive. He's himself. He's back. It's just amazing. Even more focused than before. More positive vibes. Just the energy is amazing. It works!
Day two, no more cravings. I could feel my attitude changing. I could feel myself looking towards the future: what I was going to do to resolve everything that I've been going through with relationships. Day three, the light came on and everything became so clear. Day four, I felt like I could really start reading. I started feeling like I could start focusing, again. Day 5, by that point, I felt like my spirit was new. Everything was new. From there, everything just went up!
I woke up the fourth morning, and everything was brighter. I had all my energy back. The biggest part with me is I don't have cravings anymore. It's more of a PTSD thing. One thing I had for seven years was nightmares every night. And now, after my third or fourth day treatment, my nightmares are gone. I come and get my boosters when I start losing sleep, and I'll be good for 28-30 days and start all over. It's been a lifesaver for me.
About 11 years ago, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I met with several doctors, and they all said the same thing that it was irreversible and very very unsuccessful in treatment. It was being treated by a Physician, and he prescribed a whole bunch of medicine with little to no effects. I had tremors constantly. I tripped - unsteady on my feet. I couldn't eat with a fork; I had to eat with a spoon. I always saw images in my peripheral vision. I didn't get much sleep. So, I just about gave up. I met with Dr. Mestayer. He took down a medical history on me. I started receiving 1000 mg of NAD. Within an hour of the treatment, my tremors stopped almost immediately. I quit stumbling. I quit drooling at night. My peripheral vision was perfect; I saw no more images in my peripheral vision. It just makes you feel wonderful. You feel younger! It's remarkable.