Affecting over 40 million Americans, anxiety disorders are a serious, prevalent issue. For this reason, it’s vital you learn to recognize the signs of anxiety. Doing so puts you in a better position to not only look out for your own mental health but be able to help others who are struggling. At Springfield Wellness Center, we believe in fostering positive mental health. Since anxiety can be crippling, we’re here to help.
Signs of Anxiety
Every individual reacts differently to stress in their environment. However, sometimes a person becomes overwhelmed by anxiety. This prevents them from completing their work, interacting with loved ones, or enjoying the world around them. Such excessive worry is one of the signs of anxiety disorder. Other signs include:
- Agitation: A racing pulse, sweaty palms, shakes, and a dry mouth are all symptoms of agitation, which is your body sensing danger. When there is a genuine threat, this is useful. However, someone with an anxiety disorder experiences this without one or the natural reaction lasts longer than it should.
- Restlessness: Is when you routinely feel like you need to move, to be doing something. If you are unable to sit calmly or feel on edge, you may be experiencing one of the signs of anxiety disorder.
- Fatigue: A compliment to restlessness is fatigue where your body constantly feels tired even though you’ve not engaged in enough of an activity to make it so.
- Irritability: An impatience or irrational anger with minute or banal actions of others or even things.
- Difficulty concentrating: This can take the form of difficulty focusing as well as remembering short-term information.
- Panic attacks: Many people have heard of panic attacks but few know what exactly one entails. This is when an individual experiences an intense, overwhelming sensation of fear. Often, it comes with sweating, shaking, rapid heartbeat, nausea, and shortness of breath.
- Insomnia or sleep issues: One of the common signs of anxiety is the inability to sleep even when tired or repeatedly waking up from sleep throughout the night.
While not an exhaustive list of all the signs of anxiety, if you notice these in yourself or a loved one you should seek help.
Fortunately, if you or a loved one is exhibiting the signs of anxiety there is help. At Springfield Wellness, we offer several services to cultivate better mental health. For instance, we offer mood disorder treatment and cutting edge BR+NAD treatment.
With cutting edge methods, the team at Springfield Wellness Center is eager to educate you about the signs of anxiety. Also, we can help you or a loved one overcome anxiety disorder through our numerous treatment programs. At Springfield Wellness, our primary concern is bettering your mental health. So contact us today at 844.334.4727 to learn more and get the help necessary.