There are numerous types of neurodegenerative diseases. These are conditions in which the nerve cells in the brain or the peripheral nervous system does not function the way it should. Over time, these cells die. There is no cure for any of these conditions. However, some treatments may help slow down their progression, ensuring the best long-term outlook for those with these conditions. At Springfield Wellness Center, we work with many people facing some of the most challenging diagnoses of their lifetime. To learn about the treatment options available, please contact our team today at 844.334.4727.
What Are Some Common Neurodegenerative Diseases?
These diseases typically are diagnosed when symptoms begin to become evident. Even then, it can take a long time to determine if you have these conditions and which specific ones are present. Some of the most common include:
- Parkinson’s Disease: In this condition, neurons in the brain’s substantia nigra die, which leads to movement problems initially. These problems may include stumbling or shaking without control. Some people also have trouble starting movements.
- Huntington’s Disease: This condition occurs in the basal ganglia area of the brain. It can also cause movement problems and tends to be a genetic condition. People often have excessive movements, vibrating limbs, and out-of-control experiences.
- Dementia: Over time, the nerve cells of the brain start to break down. This can lead to dementia, one of the most devastating conditions for older people. This condition causes the neurons responsible for memory to breakdown.
- ALS: Also known as Loue Gehrig’s disease, is another type of neurodegenerative disease. It affects both the brain and spinal cord, leading to a loss of control of the muscles in these areas. Over time, this leads to an inability to control speech, limb movement, and swallowing.
What Can Be Done to Help with Neurodegenerative Diseases?
It is not possible to cure these conditions. In cases such as Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimer’s disease, it may be possible to slow down the neurons’ rate of breakdown, leading to improved overall health for a longer period of time.
At Springfield Wellness Center, we offer a range of treatment options that may help to do this. Sometimes it is even possible to restore some function to those struggling with these conditions.
These diseases specifically attack the nerves in a person’s body. Our goal with treatment is to reduce the symptoms of these conditions to improve the overall quality of life and health.
One of the ways we can do that is through the use of treatments that can deliver a higher quality and amount of nutrients to the brain, helping to improve their ability to heal and function normally. Depleted NAD+, which is a derivative of Vitamin B3, is one of the ways we can do that.
There is no way to know what type of treatment may help or the amount of improvement that is possible. Yet, our team at Springfield Wellness Center can provide a range of therapies to help you find the best possible outcome. We encourage you to learn more about the work we do, including our treatments for conditions such as:
- Neurodegenerative diseases treatment programs
- Addiction treatment programs
- Mental health treatment programs
- Detox treatment programs
Call Springfield Wellness Center for Outstanding Support
Neurodegenerative diseases may seem like there is no hope. Yet, there is help for conditions that could be impacting your life right now. At Springfield Wellness Center, we offer a wide range of supportive resources to help you to heal. We work closely with families to ensure the best long-term outlook. To learn more about the work we do, call our team at 844.334.4727 or connect with us online today.