Depression is a type of mental health disorder noted for its profound sadness and inability to feel joy. Men and women struggling with depression often feel detached from the world around them and unable to connect to others. They may even find themselves unsure how to make things better. What brings this on? Sometimes it is not clear what causes depression. Other times, it’s clear what the underlying cause is but treatment may be more complex. At Springfield Wellness Center, we aim to provide the tools needed to help people restore their health. Call our team today at 844.334.4727 to learn about the treatment options available.
Common Causes of Depression
Various factors can bring on depression. Researchers do not know what causes some people to experience depression and others going through the same thing not to do so. However, researchers have linked a few key factors to the onset of depression, such as:
- Biological differences: Some people with depression have a physical change to the brain. These changes may impact a person’s ability to process emotions healthily.
- Chemistry: Changes in the function of neurotransmitters in the brain (naturally occurring chemicals) may also be behind the depression onset.
- Hormonal changes: In some situations, poor hormone regulation may also be behind the onset of depression. Balancing these may help to improve the regulation of emotion in many people.
- Genetic factors: There is some evidence that those who have a close family member with depression will be at a higher risk of struggling with it, implying a genetic cause.
- Environmental factors: Sometimes, the most significant cause is exposure to negative stimuli that change the way a person processes information.
Even if you are unsure what brings on this type of condition in yourself, if you have it, depression therapy is critical.
What Happens in Depression Treatment?
When you come in for mental health screening in Louisiana with our professionals, we’ll ask you questions and provide you with information. Our goal is to determine what could be behind the way you feel. There may be some tests run to determine what could be behind the depression symptoms you feel. From there, our team will create an individualized treatment plan to help you.
During depression therapy, our counselors work to understand the cause but also how to change the outcome. That means providing you with access to some of the most innovative treatments and therapies available. Our team offers a range of these, including therapies such as:
- NAD treatment programs
- Detox treatment programs
- Mental health treatment programs
- Neurodegenerative disease treatment programs
Will Depression Go Away?
In most cases, depression does not improve and go away, though it can enter into a lesser intense phase. Many people will still need support for mental health in Louisiana to help them reach a level of stabilization. That comes from medications as well as psychotherapy. If you do nothing to treat your condition, it may not improve. It may worsen. You may also find yourself unable to manage the symptoms on your own. That may lead to the use of drugs or alcohol to control what’s happening.
The better option is to seek out help for depression in Louisiana. Our professional team works closely with you to ensure the experience is the best it can be.
Call Springfield Wellness Center Today
Depression can be controlled. You do not have to live each day struggling with what you’re experiencing. When it comes to treatment for depression in Louisiana, we encourage you to reach out to our team at Springfield Wellness Center today. Explore the treatment programs available to you and allow our team to support your best outcome. Call 844.334.4727 or connect with us online for help today.