]NAD+ is a unique treatment option that can be used for many purposes right now. This treatment method may come up anytime the discussion of staying healthy, feeling energized, and aging occurs. Here, we will discuss the meaning of NAD, treatment options, and the benefits of NAD. People need to know all there is about NAD to help them understand the effects. Then, we can effectively use it to each client’s advantage.
At Springfield Wellness Center, we specialize in providing NAD+ treatment programs to our clients. With a wide array of treatment options available, we give our clients a chance for healing. To learn more about this treatment, please contact Springfield Wellness Center today at 844.334.4727.
What Is NAD?
Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD), sometimes also referred to as NADH (with the H representing hydrogen), is a coenzyme that is responsible for alertness, concentration, memory, and mental clarity. NAD+ is a supplement that can boost the production of this enzyme in the body. NAD+ can treat many diseases and illnesses in the entire body. For instance, it can be a treatment procedure for dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Due to the fact that it produces a high level of energy, NAD can be used for a range of reasons:
- Improve athletic performance
- Eliminate chronic fatigue syndrome
- Manage high cholesterol
- Treat depression
- Control high blood pressure
- Reduce the rate of aging
- Reverse the effect of alcohol on the liver
- Give protection against the side effects of zidovudine (AZT), which is an AIDS drug
NAD can be administered either by intravenous or intramuscular injection for both depression and Parkinson’s disease. NAD serves as a form of fuel to boost the brain and keep it functioning well. Stronger brain cells equal stronger performance.
How Does It Work?
A significant role of NAD is in the anti-aging process. NAD goes go to the mitochondria of the cell and causes an increase in the length of telomeres. These are the protective caps at the end of chromosomes which become shorter in length as aging in the body starts to occur. It increases the activities of the SIRT1 and PARP1 proteins. These proteins influence the repair of DNA damage and can slow the rate of aging. The body naturally produces NAD, but as time goes on, the levels of coenzymes decrease, leading to changes and resulting in age-related pathologies.
Who Needs NAD?
There are many uses of NAD, and for this reason, people who suffer from different health complications can use NAD IV therapy. There’s no age limit to the usage of NAD, although the dosage varies across the ages of individuals. Some of the individuals that NAD can help are:
- People who are recovering from alcohol and drug abuse
- People who are interested in restoring their neurological functions
- People experiencing a decline in cognitive functions
- Those looking to enhance their weight-loss regimens
- People who want an increase in their energy level and want to reduce fatigue
- People who want to reduce the rate at which they age and also extend their lifespan
- Those looking to restore the strength of their muscles and the functions
If you’re curious about how NAD can treat your unique challenges, please reach out to Springfield Wellness Center today.
How To Increase NAD In The Body
There are ways to increase the amount of NAD in the body without using supplements. It is vital for the production of NAD to be consistent in the body. Some of these ways to increase NAD include:
- Taking a glass of red wine every night has proven to be a good way of increasing NAD in the body. This helps to increase the SIRT1 protein in the body. If you don’t take red wine, that’s okay. There’s a substitute. You could use the resveratrol complex, which is the ingredient in red wine that increases the SIRT1 protein levels in the body. Another option is Pterostilbene. It is very similar to resveratrol but has been considered to be more superior in a couple of ways.
- Keeping a low-calorie diet can increase the levels of NAD in the body. When someone decreases their intake of calories, it helps the body to maintain balance and increase NAD production.
- Regular exercise
- Taking supplements like nicotinamide riboside, which can support healthy NAD levels in the body
You can also reach out to a NAD treatment program for more advice.
Risks & Benefits Of NAD
Research has revealed many health risks and benefits of using NAD supplements. Some of the benefits of taking NAD supplements are:
- Increased physical energy levels
- Improved mental health performance
- Greatly reduced sleep deprivation
- Enhanced anti-aging efforts
- Reduced jet lag effects
- Improved short-term memory
- Enhanced cognitive abilities
There have been potential risks reported in taking NAD supplements along with the major side effects. Some of these risks are nausea, headaches, fatigue, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, and indigestion. However, these risks are very rare.
NAD Treatment and Therapy
In NAD IV therapy, healthcare providers place the coenzyme into an IV and allow it to slowly drip into the bloodstream. Through this treatment option, the chemical bypasses the stomach and goes straight to the brain. NAD IV therapy can aid in addiction treatment because it helps to flush out any drug still remaining in the person’s body. It stops the craving for the substances and reduces the pain of withdrawal. As a result, the person’s physical and mental recovery is more manageable. Furthermore, it also allows the body to produce natural energy boosts.
Seek Treatment at Springfield Wellness Center
It is important that our clients learn how to maintain their health with treatment options that will help them live a healthier life. If you want to know more about NAD treatment, kindly reach out to us at 844.334.4727 and we’ll discuss everything you want to know. Furthermore, if you’re interested in NAD supplements, we are ready to help you administer the right dosages for NAD therapy and treatment.