Anxiety disorders affect more than 40 million Americans and are a severe and prevalent issue. For this reason, you must learn to recognize the signs of anxiety. Doing so puts you in a better position to not only look out for your mental health but be able to help others who are struggling.
If you’re in Louisiana, you don’t need to search “anxiety treatment center near me” online to learn more about anxiety signs and find anxiety treatment in your area. Instead, call 844.334.4727 to speak with someone from the caring and compassionate team at Springfield Wellness Center about our anxiety treatment program in Louisiana.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety is a normal emotion that everyone experiences from time to time. It’s the body’s natural response to stress and can motivate us to take action. But when anxiety becomes excessive or uncontrollable, it may indicate an anxiety disorder.
Anxiety disorders are mental health conditions characterized by extreme fear or worry in situations where most people wouldn’t feel anxious. These feelings can become so severe that they interfere with daily work, school, and relationships. Anxiety disorders include the following:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
While many anxiety disorder signs overlap with symptoms of feeling anxious in certain situations—such as having shortness of breath before giving a presentation—signs of anxiety disorders are more chronic and pervasive than those experienced during moments of high stress or fear.
Signs of Anxiety
Every individual reacts differently to stress in their environment. However, sometimes a person becomes overwhelmed by anxiety. This prevents them from completing their work, interacting with loved ones, or enjoying the world around them. Such excessive worry is one of the signs of anxiety disorder. Other anxiety signs include:
- Agitation – A racing pulse, sweaty palms, shakes, and a dry mouth are all symptoms of agitation, which is your body sensing danger. When there is a genuine threat, this is useful. However, someone with an anxiety disorder experiences this without one, or the natural reaction lasts longer than it should.
- Restlessness – This is when you routinely feel like you need to move or be doing something. If you cannot sit calmly or feel on edge, you may be experiencing one of the signs of anxiety disorder.
- Fatigue – A complement to restlessness is fatigue, where your body constantly feels tired even though you’ve not engaged in enough of an activity to make it so.
- Irritability – This is impatience or irrational anger directed toward minute or banal actions of others or even things.
- Difficulty concentrating – This can take the form of difficulty focusing and remembering short-term information.
- Panic attacks – Many people have heard of panic attacks, but few know what exactly one entails. This is when an individual experiences an intense, overwhelming sensation of fear. Often, it comes with sweating, shaking, rapid heartbeat, nausea, and shortness of breath.
- Insomnia or sleep issues – One of the common signs of anxiety is the inability to sleep even when tired or repeatedly waking up from sleep throughout the night.
While not an exhaustive list of all the signs of anxiety, if you notice these in yourself or a loved one, you should seek help.
Find Anxiety Treatment in Louisiana at Springfield Wellness Center
Fortunately, if you or a loved one is exhibiting signs of anxiety, there is help. At Springfield Wellness, we offer several services to cultivate better mental health. For instance, we offer mood disorder treatment and cutting-edge BR+NAD treatment.
With cutting-edge methods, the caring and compassionate team at Springfield Wellness Center is eager to educate you about anxiety signs. Also, we can help you or a loved one overcome anxiety disorder through our anxiety treatment program. Contact Springfield Wellness Center today at 844.334.4727 to learn more about our programs and services in Louisiana.